Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The first 30 seconds


I love baseball. Many of you already know that about me.

I love going to the ballpark for many reasons, the sights, sounds and I guess the game.

My 3-year-old, seen here with his new ICubs hat, likes to go as well and he knows the between inning promotions, almost to an obsession. He knows when he misses something, like the race around the gloves promotion in the 1st inning.

I also like to hear fun music. I don't need to hear the same songs every night. I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

The Iowa Cubs have favorites, but I'm hoping we can mount a campaign to hear some new music, or a different shuffle of tunes. Don't get me wrong, I love, "Buttercup", so that one can stay.

Now the ICubs do a sing along to Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline." We don't usually make it that late most nights, but its fun when we do.

Ballclubs are looking for extra income at every opportunity.

Here's how you do it.

You already have a text to win contest with shuffling cell phones. But what about using the cell phones to pick a song. You get a cell company to sponsor, make a few cents and you've got a new revenue stream.

They already allow fans to participate in St. Louis and Kansas City where fans can pick a song by texting their pick from 4 songs that are displayed on the big scoreboard.

You find a cell company, get them to get a bunch of texts for requests and you have a new promotion. Or, if picking by cell is too expensive, then just ask the crowd to pick by cheering for a song selection.

But the song has to have a great first 30 seconds. GNR's "Welcome to the Jungle" has a great first 30. Because of time limits, you usually don't hear the whole song, so you need something to spark the crowd. Even "Hey Ya" by Outkast is great.

Noah likes music and dances when the song is good, so then we have a good time when he's having a good time.

What's your request?

No comments:

Post a Comment