Friday, July 31, 2009

Iowa State Fair coverage



Its time to get our corn dogs and lemonade diets ready for IPTV's coverage of the Iowa State Fair.

We got our assignments of fair stories for this year. We've got some fan favorites again. For me, most everything is new to me. There's so much to the fair that I don't see or have seen before.

You can spend 6 hours at the same event and be focused on that same event and have no idea there's anything else going on at the fair. Last year I was at the Monster Arm Wrestling event inside a show arena. You have no idea the fair is going on because there's no windows to the outside and you are focused on that one event.

This year I'll be covering the marble shoot, bears, tall corn, polka plus my features already shot on the Jacobson Exhibition and the corn dog kick off.

Iowa Public Televisions coverage of the Iowa State Fair is usually some of our most watched programming of the network. That's exciting to be part of something that special to Iowans. Here's a look at our coverage from the past and plans for this year. We begin airing nightly highlight shows on August 17 at 9 P.M.

Check out page for past coverage like the husband calling and mom calling contest.

Here's my rubber chicken toss story.

Right now I'm finishing writing about the Corn Dog Kick Off and soon time for the Jacobson story.

What's your favorite event of the Iowa State Fair?

2 comments:

  1. Stockman's, Pork Tent, Grandstand, Rinse, Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to the Iowa State Fair, hope to get there this year, but omgosh...just looking at those corn dogs...I can taste them! I can imagine their exact corny-goodness right now, and consequently, I am totally craving one...and sadly, I have some in the freezer...m-u-s-t r-e-s-i-s-t...

    ReplyDelete